Planning for your future is more important now than ever before. With the turn in the economy, one would hate for everything that you have worked hard for to be taken away due to lack of planning. Whether you need to draft a Will, prepare a Succession Plan for the future of your business or simply understand how to hold your property in a Living Trust, this workshop will cover all that you need to know and more.
Come join us as we Plan your legacy while enjoying a complimentary Wine Tasting Experience
What we will cover:
- How to make a will. In a will, you state who you want to inherit your property and name a guardian to care for your young children should something happen to you and the other parent.
- Protecting your business. If you’re the sole owner of a business, you should have a succession plan. If you own a business with others, you should have a buyout agreement.
- What is a trust? If you hold your property in a living trust, your survivors won’t have to go through probate court, a time-consuming and expensive process.
- Benefits of a financial power of attorney. With a durable power of attorney for finances, you can give a trusted person authority to handle your finances and property if you become incapacitated and unable to handle your own affairs.
- Understanding estate taxes. Most estates — more than 99.7% — won’t owe federal estate taxes. For deaths in 2015, the federal government will impose estate tax at your death only if your taxable estate is worth more than $5.43 million. (This exemption amount rises each year to adjust for inflation.)